This blog is dedicated to Poems - in English & Hindi.

Monday, February 13, 2012

Cupid Struck me...

10:40 AM Posted by Nikita No comments


Heart of every color filled up,
Even the skies lit their flertious eyes.
Dreading myself along the way,
I saw Cupid- the love god!

Funnily dressed he was,
Running with an arrow and wings
To amuse me further;
His body could be half seen.

The more closely he came,
The more my jesting began.
Because he was not a;
Full-grown man, but a tiny tot.

My laugh filled up the brazen place,
Hearing it, Cupid stopped and gazed.
I feared the way he looked; as
He came and stood in front of me.

“My dear, what are you laughing at?” he asked,
Trembling and shaking I stood still,
He smiled in a frightening manner
Because now, he sensed my heart beats.

“So, you were laughing on me or love?”
“Neither of them.” I answered
“You are soon going to be a victim of it.”
Pleased with himself, he suddenly vanished.

I tried to recollect myself,
And kept wondering about the meeting.
Before I could sense whether it was fake or real,
I felt something missing within me.

Wind blew in its fastest frequency;
Blinding my eyes, someone bumped into me.
Lucky was I to catch a glimpse of it,
But, unfortunate because cupid had now, struck me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment